So what is the #35Project? It boils down to a lits of things that I’d like to accomplish in preparation for my 35th birthday in 2014. More importantly, it’s a way for me to take an active and positive role in my own life by doing things that I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while now. The list is small right now but it’s something and it will change as the year goes on as I complete items on the list. I’d like to say I’m going to accomplish all of them by the end of April 2014 but if I don’t that’s okay. The goal is to set new goals for my self and improve my well-being.
Oh, and to have fun with it too!
The #35Project List
- Start a blog/journal to track all this craziness. — I love writing and I need to do a better job of keeping a journal. What’s the easiest way to do that? With a blog of course!!
- Get back down to 225 pounds. — God, I need to get back into shape. I’m at a hefty 250 pounds and it’s just uncomfortable. My knees hurt, I feel tired all the time and it’s just not good for me. I don’t think I’ll ever get back to my “reccomended” weight of 180-190 because I’ll have to cut a leg off so dropping 25 pounds is good. Long term, I wanna keep it off. That means no more delicious cupcakes when no one is look.
- Complete at least one 5K race with no training. — Yeah, this will be nuts. I will start the betting pool as to how long it takes me to finish the race as soon as I sign up for one.
- Complete a 5k in 30 min or less. — I think the idea is after running terribly and not having trained at all, I’m going to want to do better and this is my goal, not knowing what’s good or bad when running. Ten minutes a mile should be good, right?
- Read at least one book a month. — I’ll be generating a list of books I want to read soon. I suppose I’ll write about them in a format similar to book reviews. If you have suggestions, let me know. I’m open to suggestions and recommendations. Leave them below in the comments section.
- Take a photography class. — I really enjoy photography but I haven’t taken a class since I was in high school when I took photojournalism and worked on the yearbook. I have a ton of funny stories, which I’ll share some other time. I guess now is as good as ever to brush up and learn some new tricks. Maybe I’ll get a new camera body like a Canon 7D. Hmmm…
- Play more softball. — Because I’m too old for baseball and quite honestly, I was never really that good. I just love the game.
- Watch the AFI Top 100 Movies of All Time. — This may take a while.
- Learn how to use Final Cut video editing software. — I’ve been told the new Final Cut X is similar to iMovie so I figure I’d really like to learn it.
- Break 90 in a round of golf. — Again, this may take a while. And I’m terrible because I like playing to just hang out with friends.
- Create a photobook/scrapbook of memories. — My girlfriend got me hooked on this quite sometime back and I’ve never made a book for myself. I have ton’s of photos that sit on my computer and never get seen. This would ensure they get looked at at least when company comes over and looks at the coffee table book.
- Trip to Hawaii and/or Trip to Disneyland. — I’ve never been to either place. I really want to go to both.
- Book a last-minute trip to somewhere completely unexpected. — Thanks to my friend Carmen for this as it’s a nice add-on to No. 12.
- Write a children’s book. — When my son was born, I had this overwhelming desire to write a children’s book. Don’t ask me why I’ve wanted to do it and I don’t know where this comes from seeing I’ve pretty much only written papers for school and sports stories. Kids book? This should be interesting.
- Go to the opera. — I’m not talking some generic opera either. I wanna go to one where you have to dress up in a tuxedo, drink fancy wine and use opera glases.