I’m not a big fan of being tagged in “chain-letter-esque” posts at all. I get annoyed by them and in most cases I think they are a waste of time.
“If you read this, you have to pass it on to 5 people or you’ll have bad luck for a year!”
If you read this and you do pass it on to 5 people, you’ll have something amazing happen to you in 24 hours!”
“If you ‘like’ this post, you’ll have to answer 5 questions or you’ll have your fingers fall off and you’ll never be able to use your hand again!”
Really? C’mon now. Actually, if that were indeed to happen, then I wouldn’t get on Facebook and read these ridiculous things because I wouldn’t be able to USE MY FINGERS ANYMORE!
Inadvertently, I ready the status post of a friend and unbeknownst to me, liking the post got me hooked into this dreaded chain letter kind of thing. When I realized it, there was nothing I could do so when Leslie said I needed to give some facts about myself, I initially thought, “What the hell am I going to write?”
I wasn’t about to just be an open book about anything but in the spirit of her post, it became more of a challenge for me to think of things that would not only get a laugh from you, the reader, but also have fun sharing something about me that you might not know.
It wasn’t easy to say the least but without further ado, here are the facts I came up with for your reading enjoyment:
1) I have a new job that I start next week, woo hoo!
2) I’m getting married in Hawaii over Thanksgiving to my true love. One might say I should have done this the first time when we dated 13 years ago but things happen for a reason (see no 5).
3) I almost dropped out of ND when I was a sophomore. Thank goodness I didn’t.
4) I love Texas but man, I really like living in the Bay Area. I can’t say that I’d go back at this point.
5) I am still a kid at heart and when CJ asks me to play with him, I love it. I mean really, who doesn’t like playing with toys … with your son?!?! C’mon, that’s just too cool!
6) I can be fantastically addicted to things in spurts, which can lead to the purchase of things like vast amounts of baseball cards, collecting Simpsons Lego figurines, sports memorabilia, etc., that remind me of my childhood.
Bonus: I LOVE to cook dishes and even moreso, grill meats. There’s a calm in it for me. I can’t wait to get our kitchen redone with an awesome gas stove. I can’t stand our electric one.